Saturday, July 5, 2008

I think I overtrained

It has been 3 days since my back training and it is still aching today. My recovery ability has definitely gone downhill. This is not a good sign. By the way, I had chest training yesterday, so now I am having ache in both in front and behind =.= I think I overtrained.

While browsing through the net, I found the definition of overtraining. Apparently, overtraining occurs when the volume and intensity of an individual's exercise exceeds their recovery capacity. The main cause is of cause insufficient sleep but I dont think I have this problem since its holidays now and I had been sleeping like a wooden log these few days (with exception yesterday when my %$^@&%# housemate did his room-keeping at 4am)

Second reason is due to extreme intensity of exercise. Hahahahaha. There is no way this would be the cause. When come to exercise, I am the slow and steady type. Even Tom aka my PT told me to push harder, to the limit. Yea, right. One session with him = A trip to hell. Damn tired (Till today, I still think somebody paid him to kill me)

Then the only reason left is due to the diet. Diet ar? ermmm.. The only place where my diet could goes wrong is probably the carbohydrate part. After more readings, I confirmed the cause - GI too low. Apparently, high GI is essential for recovery cause it replenishes the glycogen store and will trigger a lot of $^#%!&#@! mechanism which will then bla bla bla... Ok whatever. I decided to have more high GI carbs from now on.

I guess I will start with a nice dessert. How about strawberries with Nutella? or pancakes with Nutella? or just Nutella itself? hahaha. Its all ayam's fault. Everyday influence people with his Nutella-ish talks.

Ok back to the overtraining part, whats the big deal about overtraining? It doesnt sound very bad arrr. Well, as far as I know, it can leads to increased resting heart rate, blood pressure, loss of appetite, sleep disturbances (Ulquiorra: just kill that pest and surely you wont have this trouble anymore), emotional instability, hormone disturbance (causing the release of stress hormone-cortisol which somehow related to fatness), elevated basal metabolic rate, frequent injuries, decreased performance...... and so on.

Well, I guess the octopus is changing into an ant. Craving for sweets. FSL gonna hate me for this reason. HAHAhahaha..

Ulquiorra: Laugh, laugh, laugh.. Very funny hor.. Later when you become honeypot ant, its my turn to laugh...ngek ngek

WS: Blek, I dun wan become honeypot ant! =p


Honeypot Ant

No comments: