Friday, March 14, 2008

Finally Online

Hi long time no see... How are you all? This is my first post after I came to Melbourne. Finally i got my own connection. So from now on, I will be active online again.

New places, new problems. I had been dealing with all kinds of problems these days. They actually caused me a lot of stressful moments. One of the major problem that had just been solved was getting an internet connection. At first, I was planning to apply for mobile broadband. So I went to the shop and make an information enquiry. The shopkeeper told me that the materials needed for registration are passport, student id and a bank account.

The next day, I went to the school bank and open a bank account. After waiting for few days, the debit card finally reached my hostel via mail. I was quite happy thinking that I could finally online later. However, when i went back to the shop, the shopkeeper stated that visas were also needed. I quickly rushed home and took my visas. Then, the shopkeeper told me that I need a bank statement to prove the validity of my address.

Another visit to the school bank again on the next day and I asked the staff there to issue me a bank statement. Then, she asked me whether I want it on the spot or wait a few days for it to be posted to my home. The difference is the latter one is free but not the first option. Out of impatient-ity, of cause, I chose the first option. Then, the staff printed me a TRANSACTION LISTING. Read properly. Its a transaction listing, not a bank statement. After receiving the useless sheet of paper. I tried to pay her, thinking that this service is not free but she denied.

After that, I went back to the shop with the transaction listing and was rejected with the reason : Only bank statement will be accepted. Feeling rather disappointed, I went to the other bank branch in the city and requested for another bank statement. This time, I chose to wait for the bank statement to be posted to my home, understanding that sometimes, things just cant be rushed.

Three days passed and finally I received my bank statement. Just as I thought I will not have any problems anymore, the shopkeeper told me that my application cannot be passed become there is no proof of income. He said I should wait till my parents bank in my pocket money into the bank ( transaction of money into my account ) and requested for ANOTHER bank statement showing that transaction history. Then, everything should be OK.

My goodness.....

Today, I went to the university bookshop and bought the wireless card. Plugging it into my laptop and after a few minutes of setup, here I am !!! Blogging !!!

No comments: